2012 OACP Diversity Committee Training Symposium
Hate Crime 360: Connecting Legislation, Community, and Police
The OACP Diversity Committee and Peel Regional Police are hosting this symposium to help Ontario police services better deal with all aspects of hate crime by examining the issue from a “full circle” perspective. The symposium will provide delegates with the most recent changes to hate crime policy and governance, as well as the resources available for reporting and dealing with victims and offenders. Delegates will hear about the experiences of victims of hate crime, and will work together to determine what strategies and tools are needed to garner greater consistency in reporting hate crimes in Ontario.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
7:15 – 8 am Registration/Continental Breakfast
8 am – 2:45 pm Program
Emil V. Kolb Centre, 180 Derry Road East, Mississauga, Ontario
Who Should Attend?
· Human resources personnel
· Front-line officers
· School/community resource personnel
· Police officials dealing with diversity issues and risk management
· $100.00 plus HST (Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments, lunch and materials)
**Accommodations must be booked separately and are not included in the registration fee**
· Register on-line at https://www.confmanager.com/main.cfm?cid=2644&tid=32.
· Fax registration to 416-926-0436
· Mail registration to: Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, 40 College Street, Suite 605, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2J3 **(Please make cheques payable to “Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police”)**
For registration information, please contact Jennifer Harrison at email@example.com or 416-926-0424, ext. 0.
Please find attached the registration form and brochure with program details.