BCT/Specialized and Senior Courses (1)
Practical Skills and Patrol Training (1)
Are you an innovative leader with expertise in both training and policing? The Ontario Police College is an internationally recognized leader in police training. Come be a part of our dynamic team!
What can I expect to do in this role?
The Chief Instructor-BCT/Specialized Senior Courses will oversee in-class and theoretical training for the Basic Officer Training Program (BCT) and senior and specialized courses for sworn and civilian members of police services.
The Chief Instructor-Practical Skills and Patrol Training will oversee practical skills training such as firearms, defensive tactics, officer safety, police vehicle operations and physical fitness and wellness.
In these positions, you will:
- work collaboratively with other Chief Instructors to manage the training and administration of the Basic Constable Training program
- manage and provide technical direction to instructors and support staff
- review and approve course materials, schedules and tests
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of courses
- lead change initiatives
- prepare detailed reports and responses to stakeholders
- engage staff and stakeholders to resolve complex issues
- represent the college on various committees
Location: 10716 Hacienda Road, Aylmer, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have leadership skills to support, engage and develop staff in change
- you have demonstrated you can manage high performance teams to promote acceptance of new approaches
- you have strategic-thinking, reasoning and analytical skills to advance the mandate of the college, build strategic stakeholder relationships and determine and analyze the legal and/or operational issues and evaluate courses of action and complete evaluations to support continuous improvement
- you have problem-solving, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- you have knowledge of adult education theories and methodologies to coordinate and ensure the effective delivery of programs
- you have extensive knowledge of police and/or law enforcement policies, procedures and practices
- you have knowledge of existing, new and changing federal and provincial legislation, related case law decision and advancement in practices and technology affecting policing services
Other Essential Skills:
- you have advanced oral and written communication skills
- you have collaboration and interpersonal skills
- you have financial skills to monitor and administer budgets and procure goods and services
Salary range: $89,091.00 – $104,094.00 per year
Please apply online, by August 9, 2012, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering
Job ID 45644 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.