The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police and the Toronto Police Service are hosting the 2012 Professional Standards & SIU Conference. “What the Future Holds...” will feature informative speakers, interactive sessions and relevant case studies on hot topics impacting the future of Professional Standards in police services across the province. This conference will include the SIU Workshop usually held in the fall at OPP General HQ.
October 22-25, 2012
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto
DAY 1 (Monday, October 22)
· Introduction from Chief William Blair, Toronto Police Service
· Human Rights – Dr. Shaheen Azmi, Ontario Human Rights Commission; Christine Thomlinson, Rubin Thomlinson LLP
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Lynda Bordeleau, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP
· Case study
DAY 2 (Tuesday, October 23)
· Forensic analysis – Force Science Institute Ltd. (based in Minnesota and dedicated to the study of human behaviour in high stress and deadly force encounters)
DAY 3 (Wednesday, October 24)
· SIU components featuring SIU Director Ian Scott, lawyers David Butt and Joseph Markson, and an SIU case study
DAY 4 (Thursday, October 25)
· Conduct On and Off Duty – Paul Ceyssens (Ceyssens & Bauchman), co-author of the Ontario Police Services Act, Fully Annotated
· Social Media: Conduct and Criminal Issues – Inspector Ed Roseto and Detective Constable Warren Bulmer, Toronto Police Service
To see the full conference brochure CLICK HERE
Full Conference Package: $399 (plus HST) includes conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and one ticket to the Wednesday Banquet Dinner featuring The Water Cooler Guys comedy duo
Extra banquet tickets: $75/person (plus HST)
Day Passes: $175/day (plus HST). Wednesday Day Passes do not include a banquet ticket.
For more information, please contact Kirk Schilling at (416) 926-0424 ext. 23, or email@example.com.
Please call 416-869-1600 or 1-800-325-3535 to book your room at the Westin Harbour Castle (quoting “OACP Room Block”) by Friday, October 5 to receive the preferred rate of $219/night (plus taxes).
Please find attached a registration form.