Posted on Friday, March 05, 2021 09:56 AM
The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the following 2021 OACP Awards:
- OACP Lifetime Achievement in Traffic Safety Award
- OACP Traffic Safety Initiative of the Year Award
- OACP School Resource Officer - Award of Excellence
- OACP Youth Service Volunteer Award
- OACP/OMRON Catherine Martin Award of Excellence in Media Relations
- OACP Community Safety and Crime Prevention Award
- OACP Excellence in Leadership Award
- OACP Innovation...
Posted on Friday, February 19, 2021 12:27 PM
Ontario’s police leaders support the position of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) regarding new firearms legislation by the Government of Canada.
Highlights of the legislation include:
- Combat intimate partner and gender-based violence, and self-harm involving firearms by creating “red flag” and “yellow flag” laws. These laws would allow people, such as concerned friends or relatives, to apply to the courts for the immediate removal of an individual’s firearms, or to ask...
Posted on Friday, February 05, 2021 11:04 AM
The OACP’s Annual Meeting is always a highlight on the Ontario policing calendar. The gathering of Ontario’s police leaders is traditionally held in June. However, due to the uncertainty of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, our association has decided to move the Annual Meeting to the fall. We are hoping that we will be able to gather in person from October 3 to October 6, 2021 at Blue Mountain Resort.
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information!
Posted on Friday, February 05, 2021 11:03 AM
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided significant challenges for all police organizations when it comes to providing public education to our communities. The on-going pandemic has also posed difficulties for the OACP in terms of delivering education and training initiatives to police personnel.
While we are hopeful that Ontario will soon get the upper hand on COVID-19 through a vaccination program and continued public health measures, the OACP is planning on delivering public education and education...
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:13 AM
The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) is partnering with world-renowned criminologist Dr. Lawrence Sherman and the Cambridge Centre for Evidence-Based Policing in the United Kingdom to bring you the Evidence-Based Policing: “The Evidence Will Move You” Conference. The three-day virtual conference on Evidence-Based Policing (EBP) will take place from February 17 to 19, 2021.
Please join us and other police professionals from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST each day to learn more about...